Lots or leasers out on the pokey

Started by troy12n, November 09, 2007, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy12n

Just got into town today saw quite a bit more activity than I thought I would with the tunell project going on. LOTS of leasers, for a minute I thought I was on CSX!

saw 4 HLCX SD40-2's painted in their conrail like blue color with the 2 stripes on the side and cheverons on the nose

Also saw 6 EX HLCX SD60's painted in UP colors with 5900 numbers

This seems kind of odd for NS to be doing this, is it because they are short of power having just sidelining the remainding C39-8's?

All of these were on coal or grain trains except one which was on the local (180?).  I am not used to NS's train numbering, is it me or does it make no sense at all.

Saw one westbound pig train in the morning westbound, did not catch its counterpart. Morning was pretty slow, but the afternoon was busy, weather sucked today (rain) hope tomorrow is better

ns_7011

I was in Welch earlier today and saw quite a good bit of traffic. We saw 233 with a catfish, SD60, CEFX SD40 ex UP, and another catfish, 17M was right on his rear with an ex LMS CW40-8, a catfish, C39-8E and a tophat, and soon to follow was J51 with a GEVO, SD70M, and a tophat. J52 was not even 2 minutes behind him with 2 catfish surrounding a HLCX SD60. About 20 minutes later 217 came by with a catfish and tophat. As son as he called clear at Farm, not even 10 seconds later the eastbound Welch signal went green and soon to follow was 83K, eastbound loaded coal with a catfish, SD70 and J51 hammerin' down on the throttle. Where did you see the 4 HLCX SD40-2's?
EMD all the way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk