Fall Colors on the Rathole?

Started by pafan, October 17, 2006, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pafan

How is the fall foliage looking in the Burnside area? I am planning a trip there towards the end of the week (10/20) and am hoping to catch some trains with a fall background.

As you can see by this pic taken at Grove last Saturday, it just wasnt what I was expecting color wise..

E.M. Bell

Caleb and Myself worked the CNO&TP from Danville to Burnside on the 14th, and there was very little color to tell the truth. A lot of tress where starting to turn, but nothing close to peak yet. With all the wind and rain over the past Two days, Im afraid what had already turned is now gone.

Im planning on being down that way on the 20th and 21st if the weather is decent. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Ns Railfan

I believe that this weekend (October 20th -22nd) will be peak for the CNO&TP 2nd district . I just returned from Oneida and the leaves are quickly turning brown but there is still a lot of color left. Get pictures while you can! :'(

Jacob (JLG)

J-man

Right now the colors are excellent! Called out on  NS 179 yesterday and it was the prettiest it's been so far, especially from Cumberland Falls south....but it won't last much longer I'm afraid.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk