Main Menu

Layout update

Started by Badhorse79, July 17, 2012, 10:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well I uploaded another video if any ones interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S0zd91T32Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I added on an industry on the DM&L line its a warehouse type company its an old freight house that my dad scratchbuilt.  Im going to modernize it just a lil for the times!  Also completed the access road to the MOW shop and started planning a road system

THANKS
ERIC

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

This is a pic I printed and stuck behind the bridge to simulate the roads continuing on 

thpbears

Looking pretty nice.Lokks like you Dad did a great job on the building to.

Badhorse79

I thank ya David... and I guess I could post a pic of the building huh lol ... ill post that when I get home ..thanks again

NSMoWandS

Looks good Badhorse! Try a rough mock up of a modern steel siding warehouse next to the old freighthouse. I like it when they save the original building and just connect a modern one to it. My other favorite is when they take an old brick building and just modernize the front section that the public sees. Just my two cents. Dan

thpbears

My layout I have now is okay but I have learned so much and have so many ideas from NSMOW and Badhorse. NOw lets all hope for that perfect person to see my current house and buy it so we can start on our new house and of course the new layout. ;D

NSMoWandS

Ah, nothing like looking for a good sized basement... oh, and a house to cover it with! LOL! Dan.

Badhorse79

Here's an up close of the building

NSMoWandS

Looks great Badhorse! Hmm... reminds me of an old station on this one guy's layout. He had an old station and just couldn't figure out how to make it modern... so he set it on fire in his backyard and let it burn up some... talk about realism! LOL! Dan

Badhorse79

Let's see if it works...... well if your reading it I can post again? 

NSMoWandS

Badhorse79

Lol... ok now I had some left over parts from the engine house I think ill add on a office to it and add a few newer details to the older building ... can't say id burn it ... how ever I had a nice B17 bomber that didn't agree with fire crackers and a disposable camera that had bad focus issues lol

NSMoWandS

That's pretty funny... I remember setting off a couple of firecrackers on some model planes I built as a kid... I also bought and built the Enterprise(NCC 1701-A) from Star Trek with sounds and lights(LED'S). But, then I decided to make it the final version from Star Trek VI. With all the damage and burn marks from the final fight. Too bad I sold it to a guy... wish I still had it. Dan

Badhorse79

Ahh... least it wasn't the Faulkin then I woulda drove to Delaware just to kick ya

Badhorse79

Oops that's falcon ....as in the millennium falcon...

NSMoWandS

What do you mean they blew it up? What the hell is an aluminum falcon? LOL!

Badhorse79

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk