Sucker holes and EMD's

Started by E.M. Bell, January 14, 2006, 08:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

After convincing myself that I would stay home this weekend and relax, a couple of good trains got me out of the house (as usual) on Saturday afternoon. With word that NS 287 had the 2600 leading, and 60A had the 2565, Randy and myself ventured out for a few shots. The snow and clouds of the morning gave way to a sky filled with sucker holes, and it turned out to be a productive afternoon with decent light (at times) and a wonderful cloud filled sky.

A rather late running 60A (emtpy steel train) at Vanarsdale Ky with one of the few spartan cab SD70's to get the new NS paint.

And 60A once again, tucked away in the siding at East Talmage Ky waiting out Two Westbounds.

Later in the afternoon, NS 287 climbs Waddy hill with the 2600 leading. The 2600 still has a full whiteface paint job (instead of the unibrow) 287 had over 10,000 feet of racks today and was down to a crawl.

The NS 2600 again at West Waddy (KY)  They had a long wait here for Eastbound traffic.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Expoacher

About that first shot, E.M., you should know a thoroughbred can't be fenced in! Nice composition.
 Brent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk