Finally..A SD70M-2!!

Started by E.M. Bell, December 18, 2005, 06:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I stayed up late Saturday night...all the weather people said that today (Sunday the 18th) would be cloudy and cold...A good day to sleep in, so I do.   Out of bed about 0800 to find the sunshine booming in (figures)  and the NS radio alive with trains. A crew shortage has things backed up and there is a huge Eastbound parade headed my way. While mulling over how to spend the day, I hear the North End DS talking to train 287 with NS 2685,,,well, how bout that!   I Call Caleb...not home, Randy, no answer, Shack and GW are busy..oh well. I head out about 1130 to intercept at the wye.

287 has already stopped and tied down and the North end crew picked up by the time I get there. The train is setting just short of Faulkner road in perfect sun, and I have it all to myself..  Here are a few pics from the day..High res version can be found in the JREB galleries and on RP...

287 sets at the wye waiting on a Louisville crew.

I had plenty of time for some detail shots...  

NS 215 slides by 287 just before the Louisville crew arrived to go West.

287 gets on the move and heads around the wye towards Louisville

Winding through Harrodsburg KY

By this time the clouds are starting to roll in, so I decided to let 287 go instead of following them on West.  catch one more, A very late 275, at East Talmage.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Dieselfan

Nice shots Emmett! I'm glad you finally got to catch one in good light!

E.M. Bell

Quote from: "Dieselfan"Nice shots Emmett! I'm glad you finally got to catch one in good light!

Thanks...it was a good day...at least for those who answered the phone :)

If yall get a chance to see one of these beast, be sure to listen to the horn.. They carry some version of a K5LA, but the one on the 2685 sounded like a mix between a K5LA and a Leslie RS5T...deep and rich.  The most unusual NS horn I have heard.  

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

RAS

I caught me one also dude!  Here is 2686 leading 21M.

NS2593

That horn on the 2685 looks like a K5LAR1.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk