Login issues

Started by Matt L, May 10, 2021, 06:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

I have not been able to login using my PC in months, but I can login using my smartphone. Does anyone else have this issue?
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

E. Hodgson

Does it give you an error? I am not seeing any error reports on the backend.

Matt L

It says:

Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. The error was generated by Mod_Security.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

E. Hodgson

Have you by chance cleared your browser history and cache? We had a issue with mod_security sometime ago after a security update at the host that I got fixed, I presume this has to be a browser issues as I can't seem to duplicate this issue if an older version of index.php is cached it may still present an older issue.

Matt L

Yes, I clear my cache regularly

Bill Richardson

I just found this.  I wonder if Matt got it straightened out.

Matt L

Not straightened out yet. I can still login from my phone but not my PC

Bill Richardson

Odd issue.  If you haven't already, you might try a different browser.   You might have to get a different computer.  If you can, try some other computer first.  Maybe the jreb server doesn't like your computer for some reason.

E. Hodgson

Sorry for the delay, I have been super busy recently, what browser are you using, are you only trying it on one browser on the desktop or it does it on multiple browsers? Also what OS are you using Mac, windows, ubuntu etc? This really confuses me as generally mod_security issues give me a error in a log file.

Matt L

I use jreb on Firefox, Chrome and AVG on my PC. Everything is up to date. Jreb works just fine on my ohone... but I prefer using my PC 

E. Hodgson

Quote from: Matt L on June 02, 2021, 07:31:56 PM
I use jreb on Firefox, Chrome and AVG on my PC. Everything is up to date. Jreb works just fine on my ohone... but I prefer using my PC

Thanks, though I am unable to still duplicate the issue, and I use both those browsers, I made some modifications to the forum security, and hopefully disabled mod_security altogether for the forum, although I am unsure if the particular disable method works on our host. Try to login and report results, hopefully you are successful.

Matt L

Thank you for trying but the login still doesn't work on my PC

E. Hodgson

I have made some more modifications to mod security, try once again to use your PC, remember to clear cache before trying I have reached out to host to have mod_security disabled from our particular host instance, but they seem to be reluctant.

Matt L

Still not accepting me- your host must be very stingy with letting go of mod security

E. Hodgson

Quote from: Matt L on June 28, 2021, 06:13:31 PM
Still not accepting me- your host must be very stingy with letting go of mod security

They are, and it appears most these days are this is hosted on a shared host, I have a dedicated box I have other sites hosted and at the time I didn't migrate this forum over because of bandwidth constraints that have since gone away I think as time allows I am going to migrate to my dedicated server which alleviates the mod security issue as I control the use of it over a host.

Sorry for the frustration give me some time to get my other projects sorted and I will start the move to the other box, share hosting has its place but apparently just not here any longer.

E. Hodgson

I have been working again on the forums, I made some updates and repairs try to login again and see hopefully it might be finally resolved. Its been slow going on the jreb front as other projects have been extremely time consuming.

Eric

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk