Saturday on the CNO&TP 2nd District

Started by ssmith1627, October 04, 2010, 10:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssmith1627

Saturday was gorgeous and as was mentioned in a couple of other threads, Billy Worsham and I met up with E.M. and Carmon at Kings Mountain and spent several hours at a handful of locations north and south of Somerset.  The best parts were having great tour guides and good company for a parade of trains.  The worst is that after hearing E.M.'s radio reception, I really really want to replace my scanner.

Definitely some places I want to return to. Got a little closer look at Burnside from the north side of the bridge.  Certainly wasn't dressed properly to get to the location up on the rock outcropping but I can see how to get up there now and hope to visit there again soon.  And good pictures at New River still elude me.  Nothing but fog Saturday morning.  Was hoping to get some silhouette type shots there late in the day but there wasn't a train to be had.  I've been up along the 2nd district four times now and still have a hundred things left to accomplish.  This is one addictive hobby !

Here are a few pictures.   Thanks for looking.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ssmith1627/October2010TrainChase#

Steve

E.M. Bell

Id rather go out not wearing any  britches than be without  a good radio...:)  

Looks good, and we where glad to show yall around. We will be back out part of the day this Wed on the way to TN, then will work our way back home shooting all day Saturday.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk