Three Trains for a Run Home

Started by JtBurKe, May 09, 2014, 07:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JtBurKe

Yesterday I made the biannual trip from Lincoln, Nebraska back home to Tennesee in just under 19 hours. While on the way I made a few stops to check on train traffic. After driving straight from Iowa, through KC, and across the center of Misery, I stopped in Wentzville, MO to see the auto plant there. Wentzville is home to a GM plant and is right beside the St. Louis District. I missed a couple westbounds while scouting for a location, but I was just in time to see an eastbound split the old searchlights at CP Gilmore.

Next, I moved on to Louisville to try to nab the N&W heritage unit. I headed to Tucker, and found it long gone, so I hopped back on the interstate. Back on the road, I heard the dispatcher giving a TA to a BCOL unit. That peaked my interest, and later I heard a meet about to take place at Waddy. A few miles later I passed over W76, and the chase was on to Waddy. I arrived at Waddy with time to spare, and soon had a BC Rail cowl coming to a stop at the east end of the siding.

Later 22A showed up and took the siding.

And I chased it farther down the siding.

As 22A was entering the siding, a problem developed with the third unit that caused it to start leaking and burning oil. The conductor shut the unit down and the train continued on with just the first two units. This is the aftermath of the mess on the locomotive:

That being done I continued on, took a rolling look of Georgetown, then went the rest of the way home. Feel free to see many more photos, including NS heritage units in Nebraska, on my Flickr page: https://flic.kr/ps/FkXhp

steveiez

Might be heading to Lincoln. What sort of place is it?
Steve

JtBurKe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk