A tale of 2 heritage units... and a chaser

Started by Matt L, May 12, 2014, 07:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

When the NS heritage units started coming up to NY, they eluded me. I was working or couldn't catch them before nightfall. My luck seems to have changed of late, having bagged 3 heritage units since Christmas. Two of them came through recently.

The Southern unit was leading 22K eastbound at MP 389 on the Southern Tier Mainline near the end of last month. the train rumbled through the Srping Road crossing 8 minutes after sunset.

All photos in this post were taken by me Saturday 4/26/2014 in Alexander, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Eight days later, I caught the PC heritage unit leading CSX K011 westbound on the former Penn Central- Chili
Junction!

All photos in this post were taken by me Sunday 5/4/2014 at the Attridge Road crossing in Riga, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Another CSX unit tank train was nipping on the heels of K011. Westbound K043 passed through Chili Junction maybe 10 minutes lsater, and both of the trailing engines were NS standard cabs.

All photos in this post were taken by me Sunday 5/4/2014 in Riga, NY. A big thanks goes out to my friends Ken and Pete for helping me track the heritage units. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk