4 (20%)
Matt L MOW Crew
4 (20%)
NS2593 Conductor Rollby
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: March 04, 2011, 11:57:09 PM

JCagle

Often we get caught up in the thrill of the chase and forget to put anything but the train and it's immediate surroundings in our pictures. This month lets take a look at something you don't usually see in rail photography.... The human element. As long as your picture is NS or predecessor related and has people in it somewhere it fits the theme this month.

We will take entries until February 26, with polling beginning some time on the 27th.

And as always.... the rules

All images entered in the contest must be your own images. Any violations of this will be banned from entering the contest for 6 months. Any subsequent violations will receive a minimum of 1 year suspension from the contest. At Jreb we take seriously the rights of photographers, and we strive to protect those rights.

Entries may be watermarked with your name if you desire, but please remove any references to other sites for contest entries.

There will be a theme announced for each month's contest.

All entries must be Norfolk Southern or it's predecessors.

There is no age limit or time frame that the pictures must be from.

Everyone including moderators and administrators may enter the contest.

Each participant is limited to two entries in the contest.

Since the winning image is posted on the main page you must attach the file as a thumbnail. You may post the image in the thread as well if you desire. Attaching the image can be done in the additional options menu above and to the left of the post button.

The deadline for entries will be posted in the theme post each month. Following the deadline a poll is placed in the thread for voting. When the poll is posted the deadline to vote is also posted. The poll will time out at the designated time. The winner is determined by the highest vote total.

In the event of a tie vote there will be a 48 hour run off.

If you have any questions or concerns contact jbcagle7073 via the private messaging feature, or via email at
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

JCagle

Just as a side note the human element could be the crew, people waving at the train, a crowd, or anything with people in it in addition to the train.

srman

It's April 18,1988 at Greensboro North Carolina and before heading to my motel for night I decide to hang out at the Amtrak station to catch a little action. A northbound lead by NS GP50 7030 along with three of its Southern brethren passes by as its conductor picks up his orders on the fly.

mbgphoto79

25th Anniversary Celebration of NS Steam, Nov 3, 1991.  George Walker, Mack Bowen, and RFE Ben Pollard are pictured per a railfan source.   

kdewald

8976 at Rogers Gap Rd.  Engineer giving a friendly wave.

crazytiger

First, NS 213, led by a western visitor, charges through Taylors, SC about to clear CP Taylor, as my little brother, soaks in the sights and as well as some unwanted sounds on a very late Summer day.

Secondly, on the morning before Thanksgiving, NS Employee Bruce B. supervises the local construction crews in Clemson, SC to insure that they stay clear of the tracks when a train comes. Meanwhile, the sun burns off the fog, which had been quite impressive that morning.

Whitethorne

The Conductor on 22A does a roll by inspection of train 720 at Marion, VA.
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

SRSD80MAC

NOVEMBER 09  NS 8352 Rolling through cresson pa with its new nose job and my son happy and scared at the same time.

E.M. Bell

The Outbound Ky Derby train is still working hard to get up to track speed after leaving the wye at Danville, seen here racing the sunset through Burgin Ky, as Mr. & Mrs Bugg wave to the conductor from their front yard.

Butch Adkins and Caleb Herndon are seen at the south portal of the abandoned Cincinnati Southern tunnel #9, near Alpine KY in January of 2006. "Where Southern PS4's wheeled varnish, and wartime freight once rolled, all there is now is Two dang foamers, and one photographer all tired and cold"...HA.  My legs still hurt from the afternoon of punishment the drill sergeant (Butch) put us through :)

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

maersksealand3329

Here we see maitainence in the way up in Bellevue, Ohio while waiting on NKP 765 to show up.  I shot this one thinking that it would be good to get the locomotive behind the MOW forcers, and I thought it turned out OK.  Shot by me on Sept 9th, 2010 in Bellevue, Ohio.  

This is my entry for the contest this month.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!
Its My Life :-)
www.facebook.com/railfan1
Skype-michael.fair3

Matt L

Entry #1 for this month's contest: an NS employee rests in the cab of #9135 while awaiting a crew change. The shadow on the cab of the locomotive is your photographer- who was quite pleased with his first photographic expedition to Bison Yard.

Photo taken by me Saturday 4/19/2008 in Cheektowaga, NY. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Entry #2- the MOW crew is working on the Southern Tier Mainline near CP Cass.

Photo taken by me Friday 8/20/2010 in Hornell, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NS2593

An NS Conductor watches another train pass his train stopped in the siding.

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 5 days. Vote early, just don't vote too often lol!

JCagle

Congrats to Mr. Bell. We'll get that shot up on the page and on facebook this weekend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk