Awesome day today!

Started by dschlegel, December 27, 2012, 09:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

After dropping my daughter off at daycare at about 8 this morning I headed to Macungie, PA to start my railfanning for the day. It wasn't more than 5 minutes till I caught the first train of the day. I didn't capture the times for each train, but here is the train list and locations in order that I saw them. To get a sense of the time period for this list, I was home by 2:30 in Topton, PA.

When I get back on my laptop tomorrow I'll post some photos.

262 at Macungie
H68 at 12th&Vultee Allentown
High Railer at 12th and Vultee
Yard job at CP Ham Allentown
16T at CP Allen Allentown
20W at prison in Bethlehem
66Q (w/UP) at prison in Bethlehem
19G at CP Burn
11J at Macungie
18N at Alburtis
H47 at Topton
H68 at Reading
CNJ unit at Reading!!!
H33 at Reading
21M at Temple (very late)
38G at Temple
H47 at Lyons

NSMoWandS

Gald you caught the CNJ in Reading, PA before taking a RBMN coal train towards Baltimore. Caught S&A and PC for the first time today in Harrisburg, PA. Other Dan.

dschlegel

Hey other Dan! I still need the S&A, glad you caught it. Hope you and your pop have fun this weekend!
Dan

NSMoWandS

Thanks! That makes 9 out of 21 for me (1030 included in the 21). Yeah, slow day in Harrisburg. 11J, 23M, I believe 23R (baretables), Steelton Local, a single SD40-2 running down the Royalton Branch, and a couple of Mixed Freights. A couple standard cab SD70's in a sea of Catfish! LOL! Calling for 2-6 inches of snow here on Sat... so, hopefully will get some nice pics at Rockville! Will post pics of trip later. Other Dan

PS-forgot about 25N!

dschlegel

Sounds like you're doing ok to me out there in Harrisburg. If you haven't been to Cove, you may want to head up there or even to Duncannon to the Sherman's creek bridge. I've gotten some neat shots at both places, but never in the snow. Good luck!

NSMoWandS

That's funny! Just got to Cove! Other Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk