Tennessee Valley Railfest 2013

Started by PGupton, September 08, 2013, 09:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PGupton

I was only able to get down for a day (today--9/8/13) but I chased the 2 mainline excursions.

Keeping this brief and pretty strictly photos so... enjoy!

PGupton

butch

Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

JHood4501

Jordan Hood

E.M. Bell

sigh....the more I see, the more I wish we would have went down for the weekend. I figured the mainline trips where to short to fool with, although If I would have known ahead of time the 6133 was going to be there, I probably would have went anyway. I love that engine, and the scenery at TVRM is just SO much better than Spencer..

Great shooting all the way around, but that one shot of David and the drive rod...man, you NAILED that one to the wall..excellent!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

PGupton

Quote from: E.M. Bell on September 09, 2013, 06:29:08 PM
sigh....the more I see, the more I wish we would have went down for the weekend. I figured the mainline trips where to short to fool with, although If I would have known ahead of time the 6133 was going to be there, I probably would have went anyway. I love that engine, and the scenery at TVRM is just SO much better than Spencer..

Great shooting all the way around, but that one shot of David and the drive rod...man, you NAILED that one to the wall..excellent!

Thanks EM! These trips are actually very much worth it... the best angles are going north and I'm able to get 3 one way if I'm doing well. Fewer people out and about, too.

Also, did I mention no slug set?

From what I understand, they plan on having 6133 there every year from now on. The Local during Railfest is too long to go around the wye, so they have 6133 lead west and 2594 east.

Here are a couple more photos.

chipallen16

AFT2101

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk