Just Various Layout shots

Started by Ladderpipe, October 06, 2013, 11:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

thpbears

NSMoWandS

Nice! And... do I spy with my little eye... 4 F Units, The original NS Heritage unit, The Interstate Heritage unit and the CoG Heritage unit? DE Dan

Ladderpipe

Good eyes Dan. Those are the OCS F's that my father built, starting from undec. Stewart F units. He put alot of work onto the. I will post some close up photos in a bit

SOU91

Do I spy two wrightrak radio control cars?
William
Modeling Southern Railway 1975-1980

Ladderpipe

Those are actually brass (Overland) RC cars. My father does have 2 WrightTRAK RC cars waiting to be built. Actually, the 3 bay window cabooses behind the RC cars are brass too and here is a little background. For as long as I could remember, my father taught me how to model stuff convincingly without going overboard with the budget. With 3 sons, he did not have alot of money for the model RR budget. The only time brass was on the layout was in the event one of his friends brought their own stuff. He just couldn't afford it. When he retired from the Chief of Police, my youngest brother had finally flown the nest so that was some serious money savings. Furthermore, he had amassed quite a large sum of annual and sick leave. Upon he retirement, he did what he couldn't have done up this point and that was to treat himself to brass, and boy did he. Several brass steam engines (Oriental or Overland, cant remember) consisting of the NW J 611, NW A 1218 and a Southern Ps4 (not 4501). Along with that, he bought many pieces of rolling stock. So there you go guys. Figured I provide you with a little back ground.

Ladderpipe

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk