Started by tarnett, February 07, 2013, 07:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarnett

Sample tooling for the heritage GEs can be seen at Intermountain's FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/InterMountainRailway

Enjoy.

Todd

JWall

Overall I think they look great!  However I hope IM corrects the anti climber as the Heritage units do not have the supports like the Dash 9's.  Just spent 15 minutes looking at my pics of the heritage units and none have them.  I have a pic of 8001 that has them but the MU receptacles are mounted on them just like the 9's not on the pilot face.

James Wall
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

JWall

I emailed Intermountain and they stated they were not going to change this that they were reusing the earlier walkway and concentrated on the upper body in the retooling.  In looking at the pics this should not be hard to change if one was to desire to correct this.

JWall
James Wall
Rural Hall, NC

Seth Evans

Also im pretty sure that the wires for the ditch lights are routed through the supports so it would be quite difficult to do so.
When in doubt, notch it out

NSMoWandS

Looking at the sample... it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to remove them. Dan

NSTopHat

Pulled one of my ES40DC's apart to see how they built the walkways. The light tubing does not go low enough to go into walkway to be a part of the support brackets. So, in theory the support brackets can be easily removed.

On a heritage unit, this might be a little more difficult because of trying to patch paint. Some units it will be okay, others not so much so, i.e. the Interstate unit.

Regards,
Russ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk