TN RR updates?

Started by E.M. Bell, July 07, 2006, 05:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Has anyone heard any updates on the TN RR in Onidea? They have any power or turning wheels yet? A couple of us are taking a little roadtrip to shoot NS tommrow, and I plan on stopping by to have a look, if there is anything to look at!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Michael Knight

There are three ex UP GP50s lettered for Webb Asset Management (WAMX) / Appalachia & Ohio RR in Knoxville. They have been sitting on the NS/CSX interchange, down the street from my house, for the last couple of days. I was just informed by Expoacher that these units are for National Coal's new railroad in Oneida!

I haven't taken any pictures, as I was completely unaware of the significance! I do not known how much longer they will be there though, I'll try to get a few photos tommorrow, Lord willing, if the units are still there.

Michael Knight

The engines were picked up around 5AM this morning. They should arrive in Oneida sometime soon. I wasn't able to get any photos.  :(

E.M. Bell

No power spotted on the TN at Onidea this afternoon. Looks like they have recently sprayed the line for weeds, and there where signs of MofW work going on, including lots of new ties and a large cut of gons in the yard loaded with old ties.  We didnt make it all the way out to the end...
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SouthernM5

112  moved the 3 units up to Oneida last week; they should be in the yard there as National Coal has not started up yet.  The units are all lettered Appalachian and Ohio (from the WV operation they came from) and are all ex UP/CNW GP50's.  They are in UP yellow paint.  

SHF

Michael Knight

WAMX 5003 is at the NS/CSX interchange in Knoxville. I assume it's also destined to Oneida. The unit is in UP yellow, with it's former UP lettering painted over.

My computer has been down since last Sunday, so this is my first post in a few days. Hope to have the computer problem fully corrected soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk