Seeing the unseen

Started by E.M. Bell, April 15, 2006, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Its amazing how sometimes you can spot a new photo location out of the blue, and even more amazing when its  a place you go just about every day...its the whole "cant see the tree's for the the forrest" kind of thing...case in point..

A year or so ago, a fellow bought a piece of land in between me and the railroad here in greater surburban Salvisa. It's more or less just a few steps from my front door, and a place I drive by all the time. He has been working here and there clearing tree's and brush, putting up a new fence, barn ect. This morning, I headed out to catch a couple of NS trains with "furrin" leaders, and while driving by the aforementioned property, the shot (s) just caught my eye..

Its one of those places where the sun is only right in the early morning, and the brush along the edge of the RR will see to it that this is only a winter or early spring location, but still.  I can see a lot of promise and angles to be had, and all I will have to do is take a short stroll from the house!  Its a tight shot right now, and one of those places where the train is not the direct subject. If someone would just clear out all the trees around the bridge over the creek, it would be perfect!

First up is NS 283 with a ATSF warbonnet on the point.  This was shot at around 105mm. click the thumbs for the big pic..

NS 223 at the same location, with a wider angle this time. The BNSF "possum" kinda blends in with the background...a nice clean CR blue unit would look a lot better!

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

E.M. Bell

Not exactly on topic with the rest of this post, but the BNSF had a lot of power on the NS today. Later in the afternoon I heard a 44A on the radio while working around the house and shot him up the road at Nevin. ATSF power with decent paint are getting hard to find..this one hasnt even turned pink yet :)

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Butch

In keeping with Emmitt's BNSF theme, I caught this one about 2:30p crossing Lake Cumberland.  The angle is different than the usual shot, but that's because I was standing on the concrete bridge support where the CNO&TP exited Tunnel 4.

ba

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk