Schedules

Started by Norm, February 18, 2006, 06:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Is there any way to get access to the schedules for the area other than being an employee or knowing one that will send them?  Or is this something that varies from week to week?

I guess a sub-type of that question would be "what's the difference between a schedule and a time table, if any?"
Norm

E.M. Bell

NS doesnt really have any true "scheduled" trains around here. Most of the local and yard jobs will go to work at the same time each day, and there are several road trains that are called at the same time each day, but that dont mean thats when they will get out..

Once you spend some time and pay attention to what is running, you can kinda get the feel for what time certain trains usually run, but none of the is written is stone. It all depends on delays, crews, how much traffic is out there ect.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

cmherndon

Quotewhat's the difference between a schedule and a time table, if any?

In the old days, the timetable was the schedule for all practical purposes.  It would have all the scheduled trains, the station list, and the time each train should be at each station.  You can check out several old Southern timetables at http://southern.railfan.net/paper/tt/sr_tt.html and it might give you a better idea.

Nowadays, an employee timetable contains mainly the district layout, station list (usually CTC control points and major stations along the line), speeds/restrictions, and other instructions for whatever division it has been issued for.

Norm

Thanks for the replies.  Any news on when you may get an online feed for the local freqs.?  I had seen mention of one over on another thread.  My little hand held scanner doesn't pick up much at the house.
Norm

E.M. Bell

Our crack audio crew (that would be the Gordo) is slowly working towards that goal. Best guess for being online with the radio feed is "one of these days"  :lol:  

Serioulsy, it is being worked on when time allows, but other things have been taking precedent... I think it will be a hit once its working..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk