Radio Frequencies

Started by Norm, February 14, 2006, 10:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I did a search but didn't see what I was looking for.  Where can I find the NS  frequencies for the local area?
Norm

cmherndon

Here's what NS uses around here...

Road: 160.950 (AAR 56)
Dispatcher to Train: 160.245 (09)
Train to Dispatcher: 160.830 (48 ) -- "Channel 2"
Danville Yard: 161.490 (92)

Norm

Thanks, just what I was looking for.
Norm

E.M. Bell

Welcome to the Forum Norm..

Besides the main freqs the Caleb provided, you might want to also plug in 160.215 (Danville) and 160.275 (Louisville)   Those are the ARN (NS mobile telephone system) for those areas, and can be good for info at times.

160.950, the main road channel, will be what you want to listen to the most..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Norm

Thanks for the welcome.  Your photos over at RRF.com and the fact that there are several of you gentlemen local to the area lead me to the forum.  I grew up as a CSX fan ( :oops: ) due to family ties, but the thoroughbred is growing on me.

I spent a couple hours at the Danville yard yesterday morning but I didn't know which frequencies to scan.  As it was, I was out of the vehicle and talking to a couple of engineers and a man that looks like Santa Claus, so I ended up not needing the scanner  at that time.

I'll probably have lots of questions, as I haven't done any railfanning since my teen years 15-20 years ago, so let me know if I should start new threads for the questions, put multiple questions in one post, or just shut my mouth!
Norm

E.M. Bell

Quote from: "Norm"I grew up as a CSX fan ( :oops: ) !

Well, we wont hold that aganst ya...much.  Hang out here and we will convert you to the dark side  :P

Feel free to ask all the questions you want..Im sure someone will have a answer, or make one up.. New threads are fine, and make it easier to sort the new stuff out...
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk