Holiday Shut-downs

Started by stillbre, November 16, 2005, 03:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillbre

Has NS released its holiday schedule for 2005?  I'm assuming its the same from year to year.  Only essential trains will run Thanksgiving day.  Same for Christmas Day with non-essential trains being haulted Christmas Eve.
I'm mainly interested in the Piedmont Division Thanksgiving weekend and the Central Division at Christmas.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

E.M. Bell

I would imagine that only certain locals and some yard jobs would be off over Thanskgiving. If its like it has been in the past, most regular roads trains will operate.  Christmas shutdown usually starts late on the 24th, and only last for 24 hours. Things will start cranking back up early on the 26th.

Even over Christmas, some trains will operate. Here on the CS and LS, 61a and 60a (coil steel trains) are usually the only thing that will run..7 days a week, 365 days a year.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

stillbre

Thanks Emmit.  Weather permitting, looks like I'll be out shooting around north wye on the 26th then.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

E.M. Bell

Things are usually slow on the 26th until the late afternoon when everything gets caught up and moving again. Do yourself a favor and sleep in that morning..you wont miss much :)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

nsnscalerailfan

Lots of stuff is running today on the Piedmont.  211 has a BNSF leader.  Most of the intermodals I'm guessing and some of the merchandises.  The yard stuff/locals are on a very limited schedule and I'm guessing some extras/merchandises aren't moving either.

Batman

Pretty busy day at deButts Yard.    161 had brand new 2666.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk