The White Whale is slayed...IT 1072 on the CNO&TP

Started by E.M. Bell, December 06, 2014, 07:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

We all have a White Whale, something that we wish to capture, yet it teases us, eludes us, but dont Call me Ishmael..

My NS Heritage unit White Whale has been the Illinois Terminal 1072, the last One I needed to shoot leading  out in the "wild"   It has teased me on several occasions, running at night, or trailing, but finally I have it. This past Thursday, the 1072 was the lead motor on NS 27V, a empty rack train for the mixing Center at Shelbyville, KY.  The weather was wet..very wet..with heavy rain, fog and a chill that went right for your soul...the kind of weather that would keep most at home, but not me.  Early in the afternoon, I found my target and would manage a few decent shots despite the best efforts of Mother Nature....Now, I need another elusive create to hunt..

"Aye, aye! and I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up"  Captain Ahab...

Full sized images this link >>>  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/nsocs_heritage2014

12/04/14

IT 1072 leads NS 27V up the foggy valley at Bowen, KY

Easing up the North main at Danville, KY as the rain falls

The rain had stopped, leaving behind a cloudy, murky evening that would soon evolve into a foggy night. Illinois Terminal 1072 leads NS 27V along the banks of Town Branch Creek in Harrodsburg, KY in the last few minutes of usable light...
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

chipallen16

I really like these shots, but the second and third seem to do an especially good job of creating mood. Heck, the first one does too. Good job!

-Chip  :)

Ptrainman

NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk