Sunday's 168 across Indiana

Started by srman, September 22, 2014, 10:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srman

First I'd like to thank Emmett and others on JREB for the heads up for this past weekends NS 224 with the Virginian unit leading and 168 with the Southern. After a long day at work Saturday I read late that night that 224 and 168 were heading for Louisville. I immediately headed for the sack with the hope of a just maybe Sunday morning. Up at 6:30 and listening to the scanner I heard nothing. Got ready and headed for a 8AM Mass. Shortly before 9 I was back in my car and headed for the NS yard to see if I might get lucky. Half way there the scanner came alive with the crew of 168 asking the Decatur dispatcher for a warrant to head west. Yes! With nothing planned for the day the chase was on. The only problem starting out was the conditions of him heading west and being backlit and a lot of clouds. I didn't care because conditions were improving as I headed west. Well the chase began at MP 267 in New Albany In. and wouldn't end until I got to MP 150 in Mt. Carmel Illinois. He had work both in Huntingburg and Princeton and with a few meets along the way it allowed me to get him at fifteen different locations.
Here are a few of the results.

Ed Fury

Nice photos.. I'm jealous. I didn't have that opportunity.

I got to see the Virginian at Whitner at 01:05am and the Southern go through Buechel at 01:33am. Way too dark for photos.

Then later in the morning I saw the Lackawanna, again, on 76J.

leroy

sr... Great pictures... It would be great if they were posted full size somewhere... There are several "greats" in there.....

leroy
leroy

E.M. Bell

Great stuff Joe, glad you got him!  We shot the 1069 on 224 Saturday afternoon, and I though about going back South for 168 but he was still a good ways out and the light was gone...  224 and 168 ran across the LS Saturday night back to back.....had to happen in the dark! 

Leroy, just click on any of the above images, and you will open the big picture...
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Matt L

Quote from: leroy on September 23, 2014, 12:32:05 PM
sr... Great pictures... It would be great if they were posted full size somewhere... There are several "greats" in there.....

leroy

If you click on the attachments, they blow up to a larger size.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk