Rail Power C32-8 Shell

Started by Michael Knight, June 02, 2011, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

Hi all, if anyone is interested in modeling a C32-8 (or one as a stand-in or starting point for a C39-8), I have a Rail Power Shell and Athearn non-powered frame combination that I'm parting with. The shell had a coat of Badger Modelflex gloss black, but it has since been partially stripped back to the original shell color. The rest can be easily stripped by its new owner.

This is just a heads-up. It's listed on ebay, so just search for "Rail Power GE C32-8" and you should find it.

Badhorse79

Oh maaaan ! Your gonna make me do another project arntcha Lol Im currently watching the items I ideally wait till the last day to bid and no im not a last second stealer

thpbears

Just to mention the flag ship of my layout. Got me a brand new MTH sd 70-2 with sound in the ns on ebay for 150. Now just got to get me a dcc system. Thought I got a pretty good deal compared to others on ebay.

Badhorse79

Yeah I had a chance to pic one up at a local hobbyshop and the guy talked me into waiting for the athearn ones because of the detailing and sound would be better but after seeing a few up close shoulda just bought it and as things are I would have had plenty of time to save my pennies for the athearn version

Michael Knight

Yeah Badhorse, have at it! I hope you or someone else who posts on the Web wins it so I can see pictures of the transformation! It'll make someone a great model!

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,

If you get the C32-8 you should mak it the grey Conrail Ballast Express scheme. Just my two cents. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Badhorse79

Thanks ! Well there are two of them and I already  have a shell on a atlas C30-7 frame so I might dig out the MRC with Ed Kings kitbashed C39-8 and try one of each ( fingers crossed I win ) I'm going to throw $20 down as we speak

Badhorse79

Well with 2 seconds too go I bid 40.00 he must had 50 cause he got it 41.00 sorry Mr Knight I lost and I really wanted them

Michael Knight

Yeah, Mr. badhorse, I would have loved to have seen pics of it on your layout! I'm not even sure if they still make those shells new or not, but I know I would have never completed it myself.

Badhorse79

Yeah I was going to do one of each ballest train conrail and 8550 since that one was the earlier version witch the body closely resembles a 32-8 ! And yeah railpower still has shells for $20 http://www.ppw-aline.com/railpower_products.htm#bodies

Backyard

8) Gosh it seams like Dana has more left-over shells than Carter has pills....

I bought the C32-8 carbody, because they used a V-12.

I had a Overland Models NS GP59, wanted to match the C-32 by using the road #4610...little did I know...

My C32-8 is Conrail #6610.

Rail Power Products really stuck a hot-shot to model railroaders that model Diesel locomotives, but selling out to Athearn/Horizon Hobbies certainly gave Athearn something to keep busy with!

I have a L&N GP35 non-dynamic brake eq. locomotive that is really cool if you like the L..I got it on E-bay for $20-bucks.  Athearn re-tooled that RP carbody & went to town replacing the original Athearn GP35.

And I did tons of them...2-NS SD60's, 2-CSX D8-40B's, a SOU B23-7, SOU SD45...I can't believe the stuff they did!

Back then, you could get Overland Models Ajin frames with power, and custom handrails...how good could it get...!

But all you had to do is get the Athearn U30C frame & you were pretty much on the road...

A side note is that the Conrail C32-8 #6612 hit a truck & they replaced the cab with a Dash 840B type, that was very distinctive to Conrail Modelers, but also was a drop-in for Rail Power Products parts.
Backyard/Allen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk