Any 2020 Pics From Kings Mountain, KY?

Started by NSyorktown, June 03, 2020, 05:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSyorktown

Due to travel restrictions imposed by my employer, I can't head to central Kentucky to railfan the CNO&TP line right now.  After July 1st, yes, but out-of-state travel is "off" right now.

From media found on Youtube, it looks like NS hasn't been tending to the brush and foliage along the line around Kings Mountain (check out this post from Summer 2019 starting at 3 minutes and 25 seconds into the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBiSS81jh8).  The last time I was there (5-6 years ago), that area was pretty clear.

Has anyone photographed the NS line through Kings Mountain during calendar year 2020, and want to share any images?

Thanks in advance!

NSyorktown

I asked the question above earlier this summer . . . . and was able to answer my own question today, after spending a beautiful morning in central Kentucky.

The first image shows the massive cut at Kings Mountain on October 3rd.  While the area seems over-grown, it does look like the right-of-way was sprayed recently (note the brown sections lining the track).  Looking south from the Route #501 bridge, the signal shows a clear "green" for a southbound to enter track #2 (the switch is already aligned).  Down trackside, here is a view looking to the north (with both the signals and bridge).

NSyorktown

Here are several more images from a busy day at Kings Mountain (Saturday, October 3rd), as we saw 5 trains in just over 2 hours . . . .

Pic #1 has a southbound run, heading off to track #2.
Pic #2 shows the 4th train of the morning, headed northbound.
Pic #3 features a northbound run with some colorful containers.

NSyorktown

The final train we saw about lunchtime was a southbound intermodal.

Once that train cleared, I could get a clear photograph of the rock wall north of the Route #501 bridge, with the shrubbery in full sunlight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk