Nice To Enjoy Heritage Units

Started by NSyorktown, May 02, 2020, 10:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSyorktown

There aren't too many bright spots about the current stay-at-home scenario . . . . but I will share one of them.  Normally, I am at work for 10+ hours a day and I get text messages about some "colorful heritage unit just rolled by the house", from my wife.  In that our home is on the Muncie-Frankfort line in central Indiana, my wife typically gets to see the daily freight runs (and informs me later, of what I am missing!).

Having been home-bound since mid-March, I get to enjoy all the NS power and cars these days.  In the past 4 weeks, I have seen 8 of the 20 original NS heritage units.

Yesterday the Central of Georgia #1801 loco came by on NS#142, headed for Elkhart Yard.  In full sunshine, it was fun waving to the crew and capturing the somewhat dirty third locomotive in line.

Stay safe, everyone! Rich

NSyorktown

Despite lower rail traffic today, NS #122 did roll by westbound with the #6963 Go Rail unit, second in line.

This is a rare sight in central Indiana.

E. Hodgson

Apparently it picked up the 1800 when it came through Kentucky. Although I didn't have the chance to get trackside.

thpbears

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk