One more summer day in greater Buffalo

Started by Matt L, September 28, 2015, 09:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

In what has become a tradition, I headed out to greater Buffalo on the final Friday of summer to spend some quality time trackside. This included some early morning shots at the TIfft Street bridge.

From left to right: a CSX light engine move on a former Lehigh valley RR yard track, NS westbound tank train 67N including a couple of UP units and NS local H42 working in the yard:

NS hi-rail MOW truck on the former NKP main:

The B&P local was also working in their yard, with NS local H42 in the background:

Complete slide show from Tifft Street:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2015/Sept%202015/0918%20AM1%20Buffalo%20NY

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 9/18/2015 in Buffalo, NY. 

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

The next stop was GB Diamond in Blasdell. I recently bought a scanner, so I was ready for NS H42 when they finished working the yard and headed west.

Buffalo Southern's local was also GB Diamond. It was nice to see their ex-D&H RS11 on the weekend NS reacquired the D&H line. it was warm that day, so the BSOR crew was enjoying some "air conditioning" via an open door:

Complete link my first round at GB Diamond in Blasdell:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2015/Sept%202015/0918%20AM2%20Blasdell%20NY

I chased BOR #1510 and the train out to US Route 62 in Hamburg:

My scanner caught some chatter between the dispatcher and NS hopper train 533, so I headed back GB Diamond in Blasdell:

Ex-Conrail hoppers on westbound NS 33 in Blasdell:

The poles next to the Lake Avenue crossing in Blasdell are part of the defect detector at MP 6.9.

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 9/18/2015 in Erie County, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

I spent much of the afternoon at the Lakeview Road crossing, where I'd never photographed a train before. This is NS auto rack train 28N:

CSX crosses Lakveview Road a couple of hundred feet west of NS, so I caught several of their train, too... including this westbound garbage train:

While I was shooting CSX, NS westbound mixed freight 145 came through!

NS 145 also had a UP GenSet in the power mix:

Hints of fall color were already arriving before the solstice:

For the rest of the NS and CSX action at Lakeview Road and nearby Bayview Road, please visit this slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2015/Sept%202015/0918%20PM1%20Hamburg%20NY

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 9/18/2015 in Hamburg, NY. I hope y'all have enjoyed the rite of passage that unofficially ends my summer. Now it's time for the color explosion known as October... 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk