The Linton Moss collection

Started by E.M. Bell, March 01, 2008, 09:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

One of our board members, Mr. Linton Moss (MIKADO) recently sent me a CD full of goodness.  He has been shooting trains since the 1960's, and has amassed a most excellent collection of images.  He allowed me to do some photoshop and restoration work on a bunch of Southern, N&W and K&IT slides.  Jreb wants to formally thank Mr Moss for Access to these! 

With Linton's permission, we will be sharing these images with you from time to time, and I think everyone will enjoy. Please remember all images are (C) Linton Moss and may not be used or reproduced in any form without his permission.

Here are Four to start with. 

Five Classic Southern Geeps lead a Eastbound train across the Ohio River into Louisville Ky.  Date not recorded.

A Southern SD24 leads a Eastbound train out of the Tunnel at Duncan Indiana.  1968

You just gotta like this.  A K&IT H12-44 Switcher at the Youngstown yard in Louisville Ky in 1968.  The K&IT controlled all terminal operations in Louisville and was owned by several of the bigger RR's including the Southern.

Southern Passenger train #4 makes a station stop in Lexington KY.  1968

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

alxmoss1992

Hello Emmett,

Very nice work on the pictures. My father seemed real pleased with the results. Thank ya!

Alex Moss
Alex L. Moss

J484fan

Thanks Emmett for those pictures! Thanks also to Mr. Moss for taking them, can't wait to see more!

J-man

Very nice!! I look forward to seeing more.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

Michael Knight

Good restoration of Mr. Moss's preservation.!

blacksheep

Thanks Mr. Bell and Mr. Moss. That shoot of the 2918 made me feel like a teen again. In 1968 I lived with my mom in Knoxville and dad lived Chattanooga. He had been a SR  man for about 15 years and knew about all the road crews. Most evey weekend I would catch the 17 to go see him and ride the 42 back. One weekend he was with me when the 17 came in with the 2916 on the headend with a couple FP's. I don't want to get anyone in trouble but one can guess what happened.  Later, when the speed recorder creeped over 70 and I backed the throttle off a notch the enginer said not to worry, we were good for 80 though there. Hope those people in back were hanging on. Thanks again for the memories.

Railfan67

I'm not for sure but the 1st picture resembles the Big 4 Bridge in downtown Louisville and the pic at the Lexington Depot looks like that might be what's left of the Royal Palm.

Danman

Very nice pictures can't wait to see more.
Daniel

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Quote from: Railfan67 on September 18, 2009, 12:57:26 PM
I'm not for sure but the 1st picture resembles the Big 4 Bridge in downtown Louisville and the pic at the Lexington Depot looks like that might be what's left of the Royal Palm.
that is the k&I bridge into new albany, if you look you will notice a vehicle lane on the on the outside of the bridge.

"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

E.M. Bell

For those who have not seen the gallery, here is the link of Linton's material I have worked on so far. I still have a LOT to do, and maybe I can get back to it this winter.

You can spend a lot of time taking what I have up so far. Linton has some excellent stuff here!  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/linton_moss
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk