Central Div Crew Good Deed, and your help..

Started by E.M. Bell, January 09, 2010, 09:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Last week, a good friend of mine was working a local on the Central Div when they spotted a dog and puppies between the rails. The mother had already been run over and killed by a previous train, as had Two of the Four puppies. Seeing movement, they stopped AFTER they had already passed over the two surviving puppies, and where able to rescue them from the cold temps and other trains. 

The two pups where brought home by one of the crew members and he and his wife have been caring for them.  This afternoon, Carmon and myself adopted the little female and brought her home.  The other pup, a male, is in dire need of a good loving home. He is a Blue Tick hound and some other mix.  Healthy, playful and will make a good family dog. 

If you are looking for, or know someone who might be, we are trying to find the male a place to call home. If your in the Central KY area and would like to help out, please send me a PM on the board here and I can put you in touch with the Conductor with the huge heart that currently has him..

You cant get much more of a RR dog than this! 

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

E.M. Bell

The male puppy has found a good home. A lady I work with fell in love with his picture on here, and he went home with her tonight.  Looks like this story came to a happy ending...

The puppy Carmon and I brought home, with the help of our Beagle, escaped this afternoon while no one was home and decided to befoul the house, but I fixed that.. One  dog crate and a Southern Railway switch lock, lets see the Beagle get her out of that one :)  

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

thpbears

This is a good ending. Sorry for the mother and her two pups but I am greatful the crew decided to stop and help. They are beutiful pups. Hats off to the crew and the loving people that made these pups part of their family.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk