22a Extra Power Question/111

Started by NS9356, May 31, 2009, 11:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NS9356

Does anyone know why 22a always has extra power. Its usually 5-8 hi-ads. I am assuming its headed somewhere where the demand is high.   And why is 111 and 112 so always under powered. Also does the power division in Atlanta decide what power goes where and what  train gets what motor. For example.. Does Knoxville call Atlanta and say we need this. I know locals and switchers usually get older 4-6 axel such as GP38's, SD40-2's GP 60's etc. Here lately T58 has been getting 2 hi-ads . Usually ES40 and a D9.  Im assuming when they do that its because thats all they have on hand when the crews called.  T58 has to be in Bullsgap by 11pm unless something happens.. Night job is on at 11 at the Gap  and has to meet up with T62 at Frisco which comes from Kingsport on the CSX. They have an alotted time to run on CSX. But one things for sure when there both at Frisco at the  same time it can be a handful not only for the crews but the Dispatcher and crews on other trains as well.  I have seen first hand what its like on the Eastman local because I have rode several times when it was T52 and T53. Especially when u go on duty at 11pm and  458 has not even been called out of Knoxville yet. There was several occasions where the outbound crew waited 8 hrs or more. Went on duty at 11pm. Train was called at Knoxville for 4am and arrived at the Gap at 7am. 8 hrs later. Which caused  numerous trains to go dead on time. Trains stacked up everywhere with no avaliable crews rested caused a problem. When that happend 458 and T52 was the hottest trains running.

TM3358

I've seen the same thing on t ^( 1 night its high noses the the next its wide cabs T72/73 is the same if a grain tra blocks their power they use the big units

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk