Changes at Nemo, TN.

Started by Mike Walker, October 25, 2008, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Walker

Just returned from a 3 Day Campout and Railfanning at Nemo, TN. Bulldozers have cleared both sides of the access road to the tunnels. Looks like they are clearing  to develop for houses. One local person said rumors are this will be added camping sites in the future. Just short of reaching the tunnels, NS appears to be building a new gate, barrcade, etc. to block access to this area. Anyone know any scoop??
Michael A. Walker
Always a fan of the Southern Railway.
Traveled 29,000 + Miles on Amtrak.
Live near Mile Post 333 on NS Louisville District.

Mike Walker

Another look at the changes at Nemo.  "You can drive a semi to the tunnels now".
Michael A. Walker

J-man

Hey Mike, I've been seeing campers at Nemo near the tunnel for the past several days, and was wondering if it could have been you.   I seen some yesterday (25th) too, going home on 55A.  There were some folks with 4-wheelers too.

As for the changes, I have no clue.  I've noticed things getting cleared off, but so far I haven't heard a thing.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

Mike Walker

That was us! In between train watching and filmimg we ride the ATVs on the trail in the area.
Michael A. Walker

butch

The new gate/barrcade is very recent.  I was down Oct. 11th and  while the road access had been "improved", I don't remember seeing anything like that.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk