Fall Pokey Trip, need info

Started by troy12n, September 29, 2008, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy12n

I am taking a trip up to the North Central VA area and will be making a detour to the pokey. Leaving 10/31 and will be gone until 11/14.

Been up there two times in the past year and both times I got kind of stung because of the maintenance windows due to the Heartland Cooridoor project (last November) and signal work (August).

What I would like to know what days they are working. I think last time I was up there, they were off on Fri/Sat or Thur/Fri. 

Any info would be useful so I can optimize my trip and schedule my non-railfan activities on the appropriate days.

Also interested in traffic levels and accessibility between Bluefield and Pembroke,  I have never really fanned the area between Bluefield and Roanoke to any degree

Ns Railfan

Go to Krunk.org they have  good stuff scanner  frequencies, timetables, train ID's for the New River, Pochantas Clinch Valley districts. I was up there last fall and was disapointed I only caught about 8 to 10 train during daylight hours. Good luck!

Expoacher

On my last trip the tunnel project crews were clearing at twelve noon.

Michael Knight

Go to the CSX/NS Appalachia Group on Yahoo for more information. They should be able to help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk