Akron, AL Derailment On AGS

Started by CAGY 2777, August 21, 2011, 08:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAGY 2777

I'm not sure of exactly when but it had to happen sometime within the past week but there was a derailment on the AGS when a train struck a fallen tree across the tracks. I know nothing more than that. No clue as to the train number, direction or fate of the crew. I did however get a few pics yesterday of the units that had been rerailed and shoved down a house track there. So I thought I would pass this on. If anyone has any idea of any details on this, feel free to drop a line.
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

NSDash9

The derailment occurred back on June 28th.  The crew came through it uninjured, despite the damage to the 8729, 9736, 9940 and 23 cars.

Chris
Chris R. Toth

Badhorse79

Man ! I hate to see this, but don't it look like 9940 got punched between the eyes? reminds me of the poor lil moose from national lampoons vacation ! I'm glad the crew was ok ! No boo boos from that musta had air bags on all sides go off geez

CAGY 2777

Oh ok thanks Chris, I wasn't sure. I didn't hear about it until yesterday so just figured it had been reallll recent. Glad the crew made it out ok, that's the main thing. There were two tank cars setting off to the side of the units as well but didn't see much other than that.

Chris Martin
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

Michael Knight

It was a stack train traveling 47 mph. Around the same time period, another stack train piled up on the GA South District, and there were three mishaps in Bellevue--while Wick and Manion were on the property.

csx6900

Quote from: Michael Knight on August 21, 2011, 10:17:38 PM
It was a stack train traveling 47 mph. Around the same time period, another stack train piled up on the GA South District, and there were three mishaps in Bellevue--while Wick and Manion were on the property.

Wow, I'm sure somebody got the axe for the Bellevue mishaps.  What exactly happened?

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

Michael Knight

Quote from: csx6900 on August 21, 2011, 11:21:40 PM

Wow, I'm sure somebody got the axe for the Bellevue mishaps.  What exactly happened?

-Evan

Just minor things, nothing major. Switches being shoved through, rails spreading under the weight of a locomotive, and especially remote control switching errors, for example, are actually very common at rail yards; one just doesn't here about them too often since they are not major news makers and are typically deep within railroad property, away from the public.

Batman

thanks for posting the pics ,   Mr Night , you and KITT coming down for railfest ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk