AW&W SD9s

Started by stillbre, August 14, 2006, 12:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stillbre

I know this is borderline off-topic but the line's now owned by NS so thought I'd go ahead.  Can anyone confirm that the AW&W SD9s are still on the property in Oakland City IN?  I'm on vacation in KY this week and though I might make a side trip over to Oakland City and try to shoot the SD9s if they're still there.  I would've loved to have seen them running but too late for that I guess.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

Indiana Railfan

A railfan friend saw them doing switching in the yard on a Friday several weeks ago (perhaps 6 wks or so). As far as I know, the power is still there, but unless they happen to be right up by Hwy 64, you won't see anything. There's a sliver of visibility between the trees, but it just usually reveals a string of transfer cars.
The last time I caught them running a train was Jan 26.

E.M. Bell

I remember someone saying that they had been seen leased to the INRR..or was it the ISRR, a couple of months ago. In any case, let us know what you find..those are some real gems!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

BryanJones

the AW&W SD9's are currently stored indoors at the shop in Oakland City. You're only chance of seeing them is in the event that some switching is being done by the railroad in the yard. Earlier this year they had been leased by the Indiana Southern RR for a while but were later returned. Chance of seeing them these days though is slim to none.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk