Central Ohio ?

Started by paulford, February 21, 2011, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulford

I notice there aren't many people from the central Ohio region. I'm new to the group and live in the Pickerington area. We have a Norfolk Southern track that goes through the town. I guess I don't know what district it would be under. Can anyone help?
"Type to you a little further down the track"..
Paul Ford
W8PCF HD
May You Always Have Love 2 Share,
Health 2 Spare,
and Friends that Care.
http://www.youtube.com/user/W8PCF

Badhorse79

If your close to Columbus I'm thinking it's a part of the lake division I'm sure that's wrong though hope this helps and nice to meet ya

paulford

I'm not sure about that. The dispatcher is located in Charleston, West Virginia. That's why I'm not sure. I sure like to read about what's going on with Norfolk Southern. I'm in the process of building a train layout and it's a Norfolk Southern layout.
Paul Ford
W8PCF HD
Health 2 Spare,
and Friends that Care.

Badhorse79

Yeah I think maybe part of the pokey ?! I tell ya if you haven't already get the Norfolk Southern Railway book from MBI publishing I've picked it back up after reading your post and was reading over the system map and that a leg of the pokey ends in Columbus and it's a good book that also explains various freights and traffic NS has and also explains their districts and branch lines 

E.M. Bell

Paul, First off, welcome to Jreb! I think you will find a lot of good folks here, and also lots of good information. Feel free to participate as much as you like, and we even have a section for NS modelers that I am sure you might find helpful. As you said, we dont have a lot of folks on here from your area, so we would be glad to have any info from the area you care to share.

I had to go take a gander at a map to see where you where located, and I believe the NS line you are closest to is the former CR West Virginia Secondary, which runs from the Charleston area, all the way up to Columbus. That would put you on the Pocahontas Div. The WVS joins up with the Lake Div there in Columbus.

73...KD4JSL

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

paulford

Quote from: E.M. Bell on February 21, 2011, 02:53:31 PM
Paul, First off, welcome to Jreb! I think you will find a lot of good folks here, and also lots of good information. Feel free to participate as much as you like, and we even have a section for NS modelers that I am sure you might find helpful. As you said, we dont have a lot of folks on here from your area, so we would be glad to have any info from the area you care to share.

I had to go take a gander at a map to see where you where located, and I believe the NS line you are closest to is the former CR West Virginia Secondary, which runs from the Charleston area, all the way up to Columbus. That would put you on the Pocahontas Div. The WVS joins up with the Lake Div there in Columbus.

73...KD4JSL

Thank you so much for the help. Yes you are right. I've been as far as the Ohio River on this line. I've walked many miles of it over the past 20 sum years. I found 6 tunnels and love every one. This line is part of Ohio's largest independent railroad from the past. I've taken many pictures; most are slides of the sights along the old railroad. Over the years it has changed hands several times, last before Norfolk Southern was Conrail. I just didn't know what division it fell under. Does this mean that Columbus falls under the Lake Division? Again thank you so much for the help.

73...W8PCF

Paul Ford
W8PCF HD
Health 2 Spare,
and Friends that Care.

paulford

Quote from: Badhorse79 on February 21, 2011, 02:31:53 PM
Yeah I think maybe part of the pokey ?! I tell ya if you haven't already get the Norfolk Southern Railway book from MBI publishing I've picked it back up after reading your post and was reading over the system map and that a leg of the pokey ends in Columbus and it's a good book that also explains various freights and traffic NS has and also explains their districts and branch lines 
And Thank You for the info and the help.
Paul Ford
W8PCF HD
Health 2 Spare,
and Friends that Care.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk