NS Triclops and a Southern High Hood on the CNO&TP

Started by Gage O'Dell, January 09, 2015, 08:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

Yesterday, one of the "fancy" newly acquired ex-BN SD60M "triclops" was on the lead of NS M67. Lucky for me, the engine was having some sort of mechanical issue which caused it to stop twice along the Louisville District. I was able to get it 3 times in Harrodsburg before it reached the yard and tied down. Sadly, they took it off the lead once it arrived in Danville. I had a couple errands to run after which, and I noticed the High Hood was gone from the yard. After going down the bypass in Danville, I noticed it making its way back toward the factories in town. Knowing it works about 30-40 minutes, I was able to get a haircut and make it back to the crossing as it was leaving! My first time catching the local working in all the years I've lived in town!

So without further ado, below are the pictures from the chase, as always, follow me on Flickr>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

NS M67 splits the signals at the west end of Harrodsburg

NS M67 navigates the tight curves in downtown Harrodsburg

NS M67 splits the signals on the east end of Harrodsburg

NS 5095 leads the Danville Local out of the factory siding and across the Danville Bypass on its way back toward the yard

And here is a bonus roster shot of 5095 a few hours before this

leroy

Gage... Great pictures... I really like the one commin by the little house; its a great composition... I'm also glad to see ole NS 5095 in local service instead of in tow to be chop nosed....

Keep up the good work...
leroy
leroy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk