A Sunny Saturday on the CNO&TP and K&O

Started by E.M. Bell, February 02, 2016, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Saturday, 01/30/16, I headed South for the day with Mr. Odell.  We had a birthday dinner to attend in Oakridge, TN that evening and decided to make the most of the day..  The day dawned warm and Sunny (crappy weather for me, but I take what i can get) as we made our way down the 2nd District of the CNO&TP.  Our First shot of the day was train 23G at Palm, KY and we would wind up following that train most of the way to Knoxville (but we did shoot a few others along the way) 

After a good day of NS action, we joined a few friends at SARM (Southern Appalachia RR Museum) in Oak Ridge TN, followed by a Seafood Feast and then ended up the day sitting around a camp fire with those folks at Nemo, TN for a few hours watching trains and enjoying the outstanding company.   I cant think of a better way to spend a day! 

Below are a few good ones, and you can find the whole set at this link, in the 2nd District at K&O Albums >>>>  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/2016eb

01/30/16 

The First shot of the day, NS 23G at Palm, Ky just after sunrise 

NS 175 passes the Eubank water tower, which oddly enough, is located a few miles South of that that town, in Science Hill! 

NS 179 pops out of tunnel 24 at Nemo, TN with a pair of crusty UP motors leading. 

NS 23G leans into the sunlight as it nears the South Portal of tunnel 24 at Nemo, TN

After shooting 23G at Nemo (and the 45 minutes it takes just to get back out of there) we took a "Shortcut" across the mountain and was able to get a couple  more shots of him on the K&O line, which runs between the connection with the CNO&TP at Harriman, Jct TN and and Knoxville, TN.  In this view, 23g is running down the valley near Marlow, TN.....after a hour of inspired driving, we beat him here by just a few minutes. 

NS 23G is crawling through the speed restriction in downtown Clinton, Tn...seen here crossing the Clinch River.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

thpbears

Nice pics EM. Looks like you all had a great day.

Matt L

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk