My first day trackside in the spring of 2012

Started by Matt L, April 02, 2012, 06:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

After we left the park, Brian and I split up. I headed over to one of my traditional haunts- Bison Yard.

Photo taken by me Friday 3/23/2012 in Cheektowaga, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Bison Yard was kinda quiet- alot of power which wasn't moving.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

This is where auto racks are unloaded on the north side of Bison Yard.

Matt L

I did catch a little action- an eastbound manifest freight (possibly NS 310?) arrived on the Bison Runner.

Matt L

The eastbound manifest freight pulls into Bison Yard.

Matt L

The reason I think this train may have been 310 is the ROW material in the gondola, which may have been headed for a rehab project on the Southern Tier Mainline.

Matt L

The tail end of the manifest freight rolls through Bison Yard.

Photo taken by me Friday 3/23/2012 in Cheektowaga, NY.  The yard quieted after the train arrived, so I headed off to dinner.

Matt L

I ended the day back at Lake Avenue, where I caught some CSX action framed against a nice sunset.

Photo taken by me Friday 3/23/2012 in Blasdell, NY. I hope everyone has enjoyed the shots of my most recent adventures in Buffalo as much as I enjoyed taking them. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk