Main Menu

My new gator

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, March 14, 2012, 02:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

I've always been a diehard southern fan, but a few years back I took a few trips to An old pennsy line in Madison Indiana I became a keystone rr fan. I now have a southern/Conrail split roster but my Prr ponies are gaining in numbers, along with my Baldwin switchers, my vintage fa2's from years ago, a-b-b-a set from model power, I added one of the two sd7's built special for the Madison incline. It was built by Broadway limited and is the Cadillac version, dcc, sound, the works. So as impressed  as I was with it I decided that another was in order for me, this one is also BLI built, it's an alco high hood rsd15, it's killer, same gadgets as my other plus has audible mph notifications, (actually says aloud the scale speed being traveled if prompted). You can't go wrong with these jewels.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

NSMoWandS

Looks Great! Well, I am glad BLI has improved from what I have... I have one of their AC6000's and it ran like crap... the sound always interfered with the operation and sounded "tinny". I finally removed the soundboard and re-wired the loco... now it runs great... just has no sound... but it's okay... do not need "every" unit to have sound.

Badhorse79

I always like the Alcos ! My favorite has to be them big honking C-630 on the N&W just looks like it'll kick your ass and take ya places lash up one of those babies to an SD45 High nose and pollute some air

NSMoWandS

Funny you mention that Badhorse... when I was in Dalton, GA in Feb... caught 3 SD40E's pulling a loaded ballast train... and the last two were smoking like alcos! haha!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk