When the OCS is in town..

Started by Coal and Coke, May 02, 2007, 06:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coal and Coke

Enjoyed the entire series of posts, reported sigtings, photos, etc. of the NS executive train to both the Masters and to the Derby, to the point of taking 1/2 day off to run to Orville OH to see it on the way to KY.  With that said,  can anyone privvy to the these trains tell me any answers to the following:
-Do guests stay on the train once the destination is reached, like a hotel?
- What about Food services? Do the companies contract out the foodservice and cleaning crews?
-Are guests limo'd  to and from the train, as in some cases they are set off in yards typically not in  the best neigborhoods, and not on top of the event the train is tere for?
-Do local or NS/RR police secure the train/location?
-Who are these "guests". Wall Street bigshots, large shipper execs?
-Yearly budget?
-Is it on the rails a good part of the year?
-Actually, any information along the above lines would really be appreciated, make me look just slightly more intelligent than answering " for big shots" when questioned of the train's purpose.

JCagle

The OCS isn't on the rails all the time. It's used for executive meetings and special events such as the Masters, Kentucky Derby, US Open and things like that. NS tries to keep these movements on the down low and as of late they have announced that any employee divulging information on these movements can be terminated.

NS Police provide the security for the OCS and post round the clock security that is very tight.

AS for food services many of the events that the OCS goes to are multi day events that take up a large portion of the day. Usually there is on the grounds of the event food service provided by hospitality tents at the event site.

To the best of my knowledge there is no one circumstance fits all scenario for the OCS. For example if it is in town for Moormon to attend a meeting there may not even be an overnight stay. I hope some of the other members can fill in more of the holes and hope this helps.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk