Car frames on NS #168

Started by TRNBUF, February 22, 2007, 09:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRNBUF

I know a while back I used to see NS #168 come through Centralia pulling  car frames like the picture below.  Now I haven't seen them for a long time.  Where do they come from and are they still pulling them? 

Also, I got one of my old Trains magazine out last night and I read the article about the 150th Anniversary at Horsehoe Curve.  During this celebration they put an emblem on the side of 2 locomotives, NS 9822 and NS 9828, about the Curves Anniversary.  Has anyone seen these and are they still out there?

~Mike

NS Dispatcher

I dont ever recall 168 with frames on the head ever. 168 has always worked Huntingburg and always on the head end of train and there werent any frames at Huntingburg to put on the head end. Im pretty sure your thinking of the 114 that ran from Shelblyville, Kentucky to Berkley Missouri. Thats the only train I can think of that would have frames on the head end. Maybe 224 with Birmingham Missouri frames but not 168.

Michael Knight

Quote from: TRNBUF on February 22, 2007, 09:04:55 PM

Also, I got one of my old Trains magazine out last night and I read the article about the 150th Anniversary at Horsehoe Curve.  During this celebration they put an emblem on the side of 2 locomotives, NS 9822 and NS 9828, about the Curves Anniversary.  Has anyone seen these and are they still out there?

~Mike

I believe that the emblems were magnetic decals; they were removed after the event.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk