Is this winter?

Started by Michael Knight, December 31, 2006, 02:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

I've been enjoying the warm temperatures that Tennessee has been having lately. It almost makes one wonder what season it really is. Below are a couple of snow images from January 17, 2003. Please feel free to share your snow shots and comments about the weather. ;)

Ns 2544 is leading train 731; NS 6576 leads train 15T.

E.M. Bell

It got up to 65 here in Central KY today with a  lot of rain. 65 at the end of December, we will pay for this...trust  me!  The last weather we had like this during the winter months turned on us a week later, with 16 inches of snow in a 12 hour period..ah, the memories!  I was working on the LXOH at the time, and it took us almost 2 days to get a train into Lexington after that mess. Everything was frozen and covered..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Enginecrew

Yep, that's winter alright!  When I hired on we didn't use radios as they do now so we had to keep the cab window open with our heads hung out half the time, when switching, watching for signals from the ground crew. I recall some of those cold winter midnight shifts when your head and shoulders would freeze while the lower half of your body stayed fairly warm as the cab heaters were kept on high.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk