New York Central on NS 282 3/9/2014

Started by Gage O'Dell, March 09, 2014, 02:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

This morning before the curfew began, NS 282 ran northbound with the NYC heritage unit leading. Lucky for me, I caught it just after day break so I had a little light to go with a Palm, and it got better throughout the day. Once it left Danville, as E.m would say, it was running like a burnt toed chicken being chased by a scalded dog. Fueled at Danville, and never stopped till it hit Cincy. That is one heck of a run up the 1st District.

Below are the pictures from the chase today, as always, follow me on Flickr >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

NS 282 diverges onto single track with the New York Central unit leading the way

NS 282 rolls under the searchlights at Junction City

NYC 1066 brings NS 282 crosses the Kentucky River as it passes over High Bridge. After it passed the signals at High Bridge, the crew radioed in and asked where OTTO was showing them, and he was right (for once) and showed them between HB and Brown. The leader system on the NYC showed them at that exact same time to be in Gradison doing 97mph. Also when they pulled into Danville, it showed them doing 112mph. Funny little conversation between the North End dispatcher and the crew on 282 to end the day.

NSMoWandS

Nice shots! The only time I was at HB... NS sent all southbounds!!!  >:( DE Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk