NS joins a special club

Started by Matt L, October 15, 2013, 07:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

The jreb motto has always been "hardcore and more dedicated than a jungle missionary" -which also describes how i chase. Hot weather? Check? Snow? Check. I have even grabbed some some shots during thunderstorms. Since 2000, I have photographed the Livonia, Avon & Lakeville RR, CSX, the Finger Lakes Railway and the Bath & Hammondsport RR while caught in stormy weather. Recently, I added NS to the list. I was setting up to shoot the Southern Tier Mainline when I was surprised by a sudden flash, followed by a loud BOOM about 12 seconds later. The signals were telling me a train was coming... but noooo.... Mother Nature had get in the middle of it.

In fact, the closest lightning was a little less when I stepped out of my car to capture a very long 13T heading eastbound near MP 384.

Thankfully, I caught 23K in a lull between the 1st  thundershower and the next one.

All photos in this post were taken by me Saturday 10/5/2013 in Middlebury, NY. The weather was dreadful... but it couldn't stop me.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk