Rainy day heritage chase in Kentucky

Started by Gage O'Dell, July 07, 2013, 11:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

After noticing the rain had stopped, I ventured out in hopes of catching the Wabash again. I started my day at South Fork waiting on 1070. Where, as fate would have it, the rain started back up again. Luckily it was only a light rain, until Mr. Bell and myself got out of our cars. Then it turned into a pounding, cold rain. Not a minute or two before the monsoon came at us, he wished it would start raining again. He got his wish.. ;D I think I was the happiest when the rain finally stopped  :) After driving through puddles and trying to dry off, these are my results of the chase!

Wabash 1070 leans into the curve at South Fork

NS 142 with Wabash in the lead gets onto single track at Palm

NS 142 is up to a good speed now as it passes under the old searchlights at Junction City

NS 142 pauses for fuel while a caboose on the west yard job sits in the yard

Here was another treat on the day, BNSF 3165, a GP50 rides 3rd out on NS 177 as it passes by the Tower

Here are some other pictures from a week or two ago:

The speed limit sign says 25, but NS 797 is down to a slower speed as it brings an empty coal train through the tight curves at Harrodsburg

Finally, after missing this power the day before, CN 2221 and CN 5504 bring NS 116 under the signals at Junction City

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk