Lackawaana 1074 on the CNO&TP, my last shots of 2012

Started by CarmonH, January 06, 2013, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmonH

Last Sunday, December 30th 2012, we headed out for the last time of the year, to follow NS 117 South down the CNO&TP from Burgin KY all the way to Oneida TN.  DL&W 1074 was leading the train, and we where blessed with some great weather. A busy day and slow running allowed for a bunch of photo locations along the way, a great way to end the year!

I don't post as much as a lot of other people, but I hope you have enjoyed seeing a ladies perspective on the hobby this year, and look for a lot more to come!   If you have a few minutes to spare, you can find all 14 of the new  images at this link http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/ns2012carm

Here are a few teasers.

DL&W 1074 brings 117 around the curve at Palm, KY on a cold morning. .The perfect blue sky is deceiving, as the temp was not even up to 20 degree's yet!  

Emmett and myself joined Joe V. (SRman) on the bridge at Garlands Bend to watch 117 as they started South from Burnside after a quick crew change.

117 peeks around the curve at Parkers Lake KY

117 climbs the stiff grade out of Onidea TN as the train approaches the signals at Pemberton. Big glass really accentuates the grade here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk