All you railroaders......

Started by GAandFLA-RR, April 20, 2009, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAandFLA-RR

........PLEASE be careful out there.  We had a switchman in Savannah lose one of his legs last week.  A good friend who works on a yard job in Millen called me Thursday afternoon and relayed the news to me............made me sick to my stomach.  Knew the guy too:  big, muscular, lifted weights, arms almost as big as my thighs, nice fella.

Went to work that night with the news still hanging on my brain.  First thing we had to do was make hoses and inspect an industry cut and while doing so I had to keep backtracking to make sure I didn't forget to look at that cutlever, angle cock, draft key, handbrake, retainer, etc.  News like that is hard to shake off at first.......

So please.....whether you're a engineer, switchman, conductor, electrician, carman, service attendant, machinist etc.........BE CAREFUL. 
Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

J-man

Good advice.  It's too easy to get in a hurry sometimes and just lose your track of thought.  Tragically, sometimes it may cause someone severe injury and worse.  I feel for that guy that lost his leg, his life will never be the same.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk