UP's Bailey Yard on YouTube

Started by J484fan, March 05, 2008, 11:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J484fan

I'm not a fan of UP by any means, but I'd be nuts not to be impressed with Bailey Yard. There was a post this morning on www.railroadfan.com with a link on video clips of tours UP is conducting of the facility. I believe there are 8 segments in all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3hVSveo-Uo

Don

Norm

Some interesting questions asked by the tourists, like "where do the grafitti artists work?"  Artists?  I always thought of them as vandals.  Then followed up by the question "Is it illegal?"  Sounds like the gene pool needs some chlorine.

But the video itself was interesting.  I'd love to take a tour of that place.  I'd settle for a tour of the yards at Russell, Williamson, or Queensgate.
Norm

JCagle

I like the idea of having some kind of event, but the members cover such a large area I do not know what kind of response we would get. I have a chance to meet up with members occasionally at events all around, and it is great to put a face with a name.  It could be a possibility if there would be enough interest in it.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

JCagle

That sounds like a good idea to me. I'm sure we could rent a cooker from somewhere nearby wherever it was decided to hold the event. Perhaps some others would chime in about interest and take it from there.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Norm

We could hold the get-together in Kentucky, that way people Indiana and North Carolina could meet in the middle, and it would right in my backyard!   8)
And BBQ sounds real good.
Norm

Michael Knight

Naw, let's have it in Tennessee. Next year, the last weekend in February. That way, everyone can go and watch the massive, annual three day collegiate boxing tournament every evening. The tournament is held near John Sevier Yard-- Central Division headquarters, and is a lot of fun!

Trains in the day, followed by BBQ, boxing, and bars!  ;D

TB4JY

Quote from: nsboxcar on March 08, 2008, 01:35:26 AM
Naw, let's have it in Tennessee. Next year, the last weekend in February. That way, everyone can go and watch the massive, annual three day collegiate boxing tournament every evening. The tournament is held near John Sevier Yard-- Central Division headquarters, and is a lot of fun!

Trains in the day, followed by BBQ, boxing, and bars!  ;D

I don't know about the bars part....  But I vote for Tennessee too.  Kentucky is a bit to far.

Michael Knight

Depending on which bars, I agree.  ;D
Quote from: TB4JY on March 08, 2008, 01:47:54 AM
I don't know about the bars part....  But I vote for Tennessee too.  Kentucky is a bit to far.
They don't call Tennessee the Central for nothing!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk