BREAKING NEWS: Billy Gillispie

Started by nscnotp1, April 06, 2007, 08:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nscnotp1

CubsFanJohn

Even though I don't like in Kentucky, I am a Basketball/Sports Fan.   I think this is a good hire, but my Concern getting enough good recruts, I know he had some problems with getting them at A&M, and his main connections are in Texas.

JCagle

Getting recruits is a tough row to hoe for any coach unless he's a marquee name at a marquee program. The Kentucky name should be a good tool for him to use, and he could get some decent kids just from that alone. With my experience in recruiting in college football I can tell you that sometimes a recruit will buy into the idea of the begining of a new era, and take a chance to be part of something big if it happens. Granted these arent' your nationally talked about recruits, but sometimes the guys that aren't the best known have a fire inside them to prove that they are just as good, and they are more likely to stay around for a full career instead of leaving after a season or two.  By the time those kids get to their third year they know the program and the system in and out and given the right mix they can produce a lot.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk