A different type of heritage unit

Started by Matt L, January 17, 2014, 08:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

I think most of us in the jreb community have seen one or more of the NS heritage units by now. Boy, they look great! That being said, a couple other major RRs have heritage units of their own. Amtrak painted up several locomotives a few years back to commemorate their 40th anniversary.  I caught up with one of them last weekend. P42 #822, dressed in the Phase III livery, paid a visit to the local Amshack last weekend. She was power for the westbound "Maple Leaf" -a daily run from Manhattan to Toronto.

All photos in this post were taken by me Saturday 1/11/2014 in Rochester, NY. All rights are reserved.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NSMoWandS

Nice! I live on the NEC-so I have to go to Philadelphia, PA if I want to see one of AMTK's diesel locos... and those are usually protect engines or for the Pennsylvanian. Although, I cannot wait until I see one of those new "city sprinters" that are replacing the AEM-7's.
DE Dan

Matt L

You're welcome. Amtrak is pretty busy on the CSX Chicago Line in Rochester- 4 trains in each direction per day, though some of them operate in darkness.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk