Any other Air Force vets here?

Started by dschlegel, February 21, 2013, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

I had the awesome chance to serve as an F16 crew chief from 1993-1997. After basic and tech school I was stationed in Kunsan, ROK (35 FS) for a year and followed that up with an assignment at Shaw AFB (78FS) outside of Sumter, SC. As any other crew chief knows, we're a different breed. I always got a kick out of this cartoon when I was in, but never found a copy till one night surfing. For you AF vets, note that the 35-10 reference has been changed to 36-2903.

NSMoWandS

Like the "missing button" will be found on next F.O.D. walk! LOL! Other Dan

dschlegel

My favorite is the aircraft bite reference. Thanksgiving morning of 96 at about 3am I dropped a wingtip lamp, bent over to pick it up, and stood up into a forward AIM120 fin. Blood poured down my face and puddled on the cement, and my expediter driver me to the hospital tent (this was in Saudi Arabia while deployed for OSW). Flipping Army doc stitched me up, then said "Sh1t, I used the wrong seucher." Captain Lemmonds then had to cut it out and use the correct type. By 5am I was back at work and launching my jet (91-923 while deployed). Went to the mess tent after my shift with blood stains on my cheeks and was told by a personnel Seargent that I was out of 35-10(dress code basically). I told him all about himself and proceeded to eat my powdered eggs. Fun times!

thpbears

NSMoWandS

LMAO! I once had my Gunny talking about "my" men... and I corrected him by saying... "Those are YOUR men Gunny... I just tell YOU what I want done." Dan

Trainman24210

Retired, master navigator (no crude remarks please).   Lots of USAF friends who are railfans.  As to crew chiefs I do know I could never find the "regular crew chief".

T. Mahan

AF guy here, well Active Duty Air National uard (Same Rules, Same Uniform as A/D USAF).  MSgt with 12 years in, now in a weather instructor gig (no weatherman jokes!).
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

dschlegel

So I have to ask the question of the weatherman, how do you know when lightning is within 3 and 5 miles of an active flight line? I remember many South Carolina thunderstorms that came out of nowhere fast that I swore had strikes within half a mile before we stopped fueling aircraft, let alone cleared the flight line.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk