Conductor helps hundreds get railroad jobs

Started by Full Service, September 13, 2006, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full Service

SEATTLE, Wash. -- Hundreds of people are enjoying help in their search for rewarding new careers with the railroad industry, thanks to the unusual efforts of one dedicated railroad conductor.

Sean Martin, a conductor for one of the largest railroads in the country, is teaching insider tactics anyone can use to get through the industry's difficult and stringent hiring process.

He's not only helping job seekers, but the industry itself.

"The railroad industry needs to hire more than 60,000 new workers within the next five years due to massive retirements," Martin said. "They're faced with losing an experienced workforce and struggling to hire qualified replacements. Today's young career seekers are more interested in working with computers than locomotives, so this is a huge challenge for the railroad companies."

"My goal is to increase people's awareness about the excellent benefits of working for the railroad industry, assist those who become interested to actually get hired, and help the industry through this tough transitional period," he said.

The method he's using to spread the word is somewhat surprising.

"I thought about speaking to students at high schools and colleges throughout the country," Martin said. "But I'm working as a full-time conductor and would only be able to do this on a very part-time basis. The amount of people I could reach that way would be very limited.

"So I decided to write an e-book instead, and get it out to as many job seekers as possible, as quickly and efficiently as possible."

His e-book is called "How to Get a Railroad Job and Make up to $75,000 per Year" and he's making it available through the Internet.

"It's where most job seekers go these days for information."

Since releasing his e-book in April of 2005, Martin has sold more than 600 copies and has heard feedback from dozens of readers that the techniques he shares have helped them to get railroad jobs.

"It's been extremely rewarding," Martin said. "I know how difficult it can be to get hired by the railroad. They have very specific requirements, many of which applicants know nothing about. It's not that the industry's standards are too high -- most people would have no problem with meeting them. It's just that 90% of applicants don't know what to expect or how to prepare ... so they don't get hired."

"My e-book tells people exactly what to expect and how to successfully get through the complicated hiring process, so they can get a job and reap the rewards of working for this vital industry."

For more information, including a free five-part email series about working for the railroad, go to Martin's website: http://www.getarailroadjob.com.
WB

ki2699

''K&I 1''

NWY6b

That's a great guide to have and apparently plenty of people have benefited from it,however in my case even if I read it and aced the interview the physical would be the point where my career would come to a complete stop.
And there's no book or anything in the world that would help me. I have a 90% hearing loss in my left ear and roughly 40% in the other. I was born with that condition. To talk to me you would'nt believe it,because most people with a hearing impairment slur their speech and I don't.  I'd love to work in the locomotive repair shop for a Class 1,but I'll just have to watch from the sidelines. I wish the best to anyone getting hired on any railroad,be it Class 1,regional or shortline.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk